Thursday 14 March 2013

The (re)beginning...



So here goes, during my youth I loved model making (generally WWII aircraft), painting miniatures, and playing Warhammer 40K, then girls, drink, cars, uni and all that stuff came along and these hobbies took a bit of a back seat! Now here I am, a bit older (maybe wiser) and settled into life I realised recently that I do pretty much nothing creative, and I miss it. I happened across an old airfix kit (it was a Mustang) and sat down and built it, which I enjoyed so much I popped into the local model shop in my lunch break the next day to buy a couple of paints and finished it off that night.Its not amazing but I was reasonably pleased for my first attempt.




Now I’m a firm believer in the importance of being healthy, both in the body and mind and hence if something brings you a bot of enjoyment (without destroying your body!) then its no bad thing, therefore I’ve decided to rekindle my previous hobbies and this blog will charter my progress, not sure where it will end up or whether it will be worth reading but everything has to start somewhere!

I should probably say that spare time and cash are commodities I no longer have, looking back to my childhood I realise now just how much spare time I did have, and no longer do!  I’m now married, a father of two girls (currently aged 2 & 6), working 8 hrs+ a day with a 2hr commute each way and have recently moved in to a beautiful old farm cottage in Angus (Scotland) with a long list of home improvements to do. This coupled with a love of staying fit and strong, mountain biking, and generally being outdoors leaves me with pretty much no spare time or cash. Therefore these adventures in miniature will always err on the side of thrifty and we shall have to see how much time I get to spend on projects.....

No comments:

Post a Comment